Why invest in Liverpool?
Famous for its two Premier League football clubs, world-renowned music scene and important industrial history, the city of Liverpool situated in the north-west of England has benefited from a major overhaul triggered largely by its success as the European City of Culture in 2008.
Liverpool is one of the core cities being targeted by the government’s Northern Powerhouse proposal, alongside the likes of Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle, as the city pushes to be given more powers away from London’s Whitehall. Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram wants to gain control over the city’s own funding in order to shape Liverpool’s future, and the city will benefit from increased government investment to create more homes and better infrastructure as a result.
The Northern Powerhouse
Regeneration in the city is ongoing as its population continues to expand, and it is now classed as one of the top places in the UK to invest in the buy-to-let sector. Liverpool continually ranks as a hotspot for landlords wanting to earn the highest rental yields, with the most recent top 10 list from Totally Money dominated by two Liverpool postcodes.
Liverpool is currently undergoing a £14bn overhaul led by the city council, with a number of redevelopment and regeneration projects taking place across the city. It is expected to benefit from 10,000 new homes, a new stadium for Everton Football Club, an additional cruise terminal, £250m of road infrastructure and two million square feet of commercial office space.
Alongside this, the Liverpool Local Plan will see the creation of 38,000 new jobs and 35,000 new homes between now and 2033, with the population forecast to rise above half a million.
Expanding transport options
In 2018, England’s first ever sub-national transport body – Transport for the North – was launched, which means that funds will be allocated based on recommendations by people who live and work in the north of England, with major investment coming to Liverpool.
Northern Powerhouse Rail will transform travel to the city, with a brand new line being built to connect Liverpool directly with Manchester Airport, which will be part of the new HS2 route planned to be built over the next few years.
Liverpool is already served by extensive train and road networks, as well as the John Lennon Airport connecting the city to hundreds of international destinations.
Great value properties
The earnings to house price ratio in Liverpool is one of the best in the country, with properties typically costing around 4.8 times the annual salary. The average home sells for just £124,600, meaning property investors can get a lot more for their money.
A typical property in London, costing an average £483,700 according to Hometrack, will set you back almost four times more than one in Liverpool, and many people are now divesting their mature assets in the capital as the market there stagnates.
In the year to August 2019, Liverpool saw its average house prices rise by 4.6%, well above the UK’s 2.1% average, and experts predict that this trend will continue over the next few years.
The best place for rental yields
Liverpool continually ranks as the best place in the country for landlords wanting to earn the highest rental yields, with the most recent top 10 list dominated by two Liverpool postcodes.
In the L7 area, which includes Edge Hill and Kensington just outside the city centre, some of the best rental returns in the country can be found, according to Totally Money, with an average yield of a huge 9.79%. Elsewhere, L1 right in the centre brought in 9.33% in rental returns.
With low house prices, high rental demand and future investment potential, it is an ideal place for investors wanting to diversify their portfolios, with new developments and properties continuously coming onto the market.
Available Property Investments
St Petersgate – Stockport Manchester
New Launch - Stockport Manchester, apartments from £160,000
- Discounted launch prices from £160,000
- Excellent transport links with 3 trains per hour to London Euston and only 9 mins journey to Manchester Piccadilly
- Experienced development team
Assured Rent Housing Association Leases
Assured Rent Housing Association Leases
- Assured rent & no rental voids
- Tenant damage cover & newly refurbished inline with requirements of a corporate sitting tenant
- Free property and lettings management
Emerging Birmingham Commuter Town With Properties From Just £104,000
The emerging Birmingham commuter town where properties are selling in an average of just 24 days
- A collection of 62 two bedroom apartments and 28 one bedroom apartments.
- DE14 is one of the fastest selling postcodes in the West Midlands.
- 23 minute train journey into Birmingham New Street Station.
Properties from £104,000
South Central – Birmingham City Centre Apartments
Highly anticipated 28 storey launch in Birmingham City Centre with an impressive roof garden and communal facilities.
- 154 units across 28 storeys
- Residential multi-media community room, gym, roof garden and sky cinema
- Excellent future connectivity via the metro system to other key transport hubs and locations around the city
Luxury Furnished Holiday Lets
A beautiful development of houses and apartments situated in the picturesque village of Bolton-Upon-Deare in Cumbria
- Tax efficient investment.
- High specification with marble effect tiles.
- Kitchen island in most units.
£181,500 - £330,000
Top UK HMO destination: within the 'golden triangle' in Greater Manchester
- Hands off, fully managed HMO conversion
- High average occupancy rates of 90% plus
- 10-15% rental yields
£250,000 - £300,000
Completely hands off and fully managed HMO properties throughout the UK
- Best in class & high-yielding HMO's 10% - 15% return
- Fully managed & licensed HMO blocks
- Prime locations in the UK including Greater Manchester, Salford & South Yorkshire
Manchester city centre Grade II listed loft-style apartments and townhouses
- 2 minutes walk to Victoria Station
- 21% rental growth projection 2019-2021
- Unique renovation with character