Why invest in Reading?
One of the most up and coming commuter hubs near London, Reading is particularly attractive for people looking to escape the expense and pace of life of the capital for a more appealing situation on the outskirts. However, it’s not just for commuters, as the jobs market in Reading is thriving, particularly in the technology sector.
Reading is a historic university town offering character, charm and a huge range of amenities and entertainment for its residents. With London to the east, the Chiltern Hills and North Wessex Downs to the north and west, both of which are Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, there are plenty of reasons to consider Reading as a property investment location.
Gentrification on the high street
Reading’s town centre is a bustling hub of coffee shops, bars, restaurants and shops, with new, trendy places continuing to pop up. The overall appearance of the centre is continually improving, boosting its street credibility among people considering moving there.
This has come hand in hand with the expansion of technology jobs available in the city attracting young people, as well as the exodus of Londoners in search of a different pace of life who are attracted to nearby Reading. This creates a snowball effect, attracting more businesses and investment to the town which boosts the housing market.
Homes for every taste
From brand new developments to period properties, large houses to flats, and even commercial to residential conversions offering city centre-style living, the housing market in Reading has a lot to offer.
House prices are currently an average £362,047 according to Rightmove (November 2019), and the market has been extremely resilient to Brexit – house prices have risen around 8% since 2016 when the EU referendum took place, up from £334,644. The pricing levels can be a tale of two cities; Reading was recently named as the place with the highest number of million-pound properties in the UK, yet investment property prices remain competitive.
As a commuter hotspot, Reading recently came in 31st place of 115 areas to live outside London according to Totally Money, scoring particularly well in its affordability levels in comparison to similar towns.
You can reach central London in just 26 minutes by direct train, while by car it is just over 40 miles. Heathrow Airport is also just 26 miles away, with its international connections offering access to the rest of the world. As mentioned above, some of the country’s most beautiful scenery can be reached within a short drive of Reading, making it an ideal location for people looking for the best of both worlds.
The upcoming Crossrail Elizabeth Line will connect Reading directly to London and across the city without having to change trains, which will transform the commutes of many people living in Reading and will inevitably attract more residents.
Excellent rental prospects
Rental prices in Reading tend to be higher than the national average at around £1,150 a month, and there is huge demand for rental properties among the town’s young professionals in particular.
Reading has around 44,000 people employed in the creative industries, which is the fourth highest in the UK, while it also boasts a concentration of tech businesses eight times higher than the national average (Living Reading). A large number of students at the prestigious Reading University stay on after graduation, further adding to the young professional workforce who are likely to want to rent in the town.
Available Property Investments
St Petersgate – Stockport Manchester
New Launch - Stockport Manchester, apartments from £160,000
- Discounted launch prices from £160,000
- Excellent transport links with 3 trains per hour to London Euston and only 9 mins journey to Manchester Piccadilly
- Experienced development team
Assured Rent Housing Association Leases
Assured Rent Housing Association Leases
- Assured rent & no rental voids
- Tenant damage cover & newly refurbished inline with requirements of a corporate sitting tenant
- Free property and lettings management
Emerging Birmingham Commuter Town With Properties From Just £104,000
The emerging Birmingham commuter town where properties are selling in an average of just 24 days
- A collection of 62 two bedroom apartments and 28 one bedroom apartments.
- DE14 is one of the fastest selling postcodes in the West Midlands.
- 23 minute train journey into Birmingham New Street Station.
Properties from £104,000
South Central – Birmingham City Centre Apartments
Highly anticipated 28 storey launch in Birmingham City Centre with an impressive roof garden and communal facilities.
- 154 units across 28 storeys
- Residential multi-media community room, gym, roof garden and sky cinema
- Excellent future connectivity via the metro system to other key transport hubs and locations around the city
Luxury Furnished Holiday Lets
A beautiful development of houses and apartments situated in the picturesque village of Bolton-Upon-Deare in Cumbria
- Tax efficient investment.
- High specification with marble effect tiles.
- Kitchen island in most units.
£181,500 - £330,000
Top UK HMO destination: within the 'golden triangle' in Greater Manchester
- Hands off, fully managed HMO conversion
- High average occupancy rates of 90% plus
- 10-15% rental yields
£250,000 - £300,000
Completely hands off and fully managed HMO properties throughout the UK
- Best in class & high-yielding HMO's 10% - 15% return
- Fully managed & licensed HMO blocks
- Prime locations in the UK including Greater Manchester, Salford & South Yorkshire
Manchester city centre Grade II listed loft-style apartments and townhouses
- 2 minutes walk to Victoria Station
- 21% rental growth projection 2019-2021
- Unique renovation with character