Online agents are continuing to grow in popularity and gain market share, and new figures have revealed which ones are dominating the listings.
Purplebricks has topped the list of the UK’s online estate agents in terms of the number of properties it has on its books, according to new research commissioned by The Property Franchise Group, covered by Property Industry Eye.
The agent registered 66,125 new listings over a 12-month period to the end of August, which is a 31% rise on the previous year, and well ahead of the second top-ranking agent, Yopa, which took on 9,183 new listings over the same period – although this was a huge 119% increase on the year before, showing that competitors are definitely catching up with the most popular brand.
A breakdown of the top 10
- Purplebricks: 66,125 new listings (+31%)
- Yopa: 9,183 new listings (+119%)
- Express Estate Agency: 6,999 new listings (+40%)
- Emoov: 4,310 new listings (+17.1%)
- EweMove: 4,053 new listings (+44.5%)
- Tepilo: 3,920 new listings (+14.2%)
- Housesimple: 3,662 new listings (-39%)
- Doorsteps: 3,420 new listings (+183%)
- Springbok Properties: 2,850 new listings (-25%)
- House Network: 2,514 new listings (+27%)
According to the statistics, which also analysed the time it took on average between a property being listed to it completing, EweMove came out on top with its properties taking just 146 days to complete – considerably quicker than Purplebricks’ 162-day listing to completion average.
The next fastest after EweMove as Springbok (148 days), followed by Doorsteps and Yopa (both 161 days), Emoov and Tepilo (both 177 days), Housesimple (178 days), House Network (179 days) and Express Estate Agency (200 days).
Total new property listings across all types of estate agents rose to 1,644,481 in the 12 months to the end of August, up from 1,472,436, while market share for online agents also increased from 93,154 last year to 117,440 now.